Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Playing Catch Up

So I will preface this blog by saying that I am not a blogger. I actually had to google blog for some examples and I am still a bit confused if I should write it as 'blog' or 'blogg', still trying to work that out. Anyways since I came home to Maryland I was sick as a dog and had a car accident, so uh yeah great. Luckily the accident wasn't too bad my back hurt for a while, but everything is working fine.

Now to what you all came here for, my internship with Johns Hopkins Medical Center. Well there isn't much to contribute just yet, I will be working with the Director of Pharmacy Nathan Thompson. For now I am floating to each of the outpatient pharmacies throughout the hospital shadowing the pharmacists and technicians to get a perspective on their work flow. Each pharmacy in the hospital caters to a slightly different patient population and therefore have a slightly different work flow. Once I have visited all the pharmacies I will meet with Nathan to design a research project for the summer. Throughout the summer I will accompany him to various meetings and even have the opportunity to take his place in certain committees. The summer looks exciting and I will update as things develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment