Monday, May 16, 2011

Intern in the ‘ship part 2

One word: busy. Retail is busy at least at my store. I did expect to be busy, but it is always different when you are actually in the flow of work. I have been doing pick-up, production, and drive thru for my first couple of days. I am starting to learn how to work the computer system for looking up customer’s information and refill requests. There is a ton of little things customers want like knowing when their next refill is to wanting to pick up a prescription with new insurance which takes time to enter and process. The pharmacist and techs have been great to work with. They help me out whenever I have trouble and they love making the work day enjoyable. One day I actually knocked over some food on the floor but the pharmacist wasn’t too mad. He actually helped me clean it up when he got a moment of freedom.

One thing I have not mastered yet is insurance problems. Once we get prescriptions we type them into the computer and run it through the insurance system. The system will shoot back a response with a green or red light. We like seeing GREEN lights. When a red light pops up, we have to see why it is rejected to see if we can adjust anything to make it work. The more experience technicians are quick with the computer system and can determine if anything can be done. No one wants to be the person who says to the customer “your insurance did not cover this prescription.” Even though we do not control the payment, people still vent. Luckily, I haven’t experienced someone blowing up on me. Most people are annoyed but sensible. Next week, I will be working the drop off station and some new experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment