Friday, July 23, 2010

It's all about the people

I just wanted to spotlight some of the great people I have had the opportunity to work with as this will be the last week we are all together. This year there were 24 interns accepted into the Johns Hopkins Internship program and I am grateful for the opportunity to meet each and every one of them. I won't go through all of them but I did want to talk about a few people who have made my experience incredible.
The preceptors are the people that make it possible for us to have this program. My preceptor is Nathan Thompson the Director of Outpatient Pharmacy. Other notable preceptors include: Yvonne LeBlanc (Clinical Applications Manager), Jim DiPaula (Operations Manager), Bridgette Thomas (PharmIS Manager), Krista Decker (Quality & Safety Manager), Brendan Reichert (PharmIS Director), Brian Pinto (Drug Use and Policy Director), and Edina Avdic (Pharmacoeconomics Manager). I was able to spend at least one full day with each of these preceptors and want to thank them for their time. A lot of other people have acted as a reference and guide this summer and hopefully mentors as my career progress these people include; John Hopkins (that's his real name, no relation) and Jim Van Daniker who both serve as the business managers for the outpatient pharmacy and Dan Ashby (Director of Pharmacy) I have to send a special thanks to Luis Simbala who is not a pharmacist but taught me so much the summer about Microsoft programs that Bill Gates himself should write this guy a check.
The interns helped me keep my sanity and made me laugh every day. First up is Abbie Shallop who we all know since she goes to school with us. It was great to get to know Abbie more of the summer we had some great laughs together and I want to wish the best of luck on her marriage and hopes that she enjoys it before classes begin again. Then there is Rami Beiram who is like the big brother I always wanted. He is a third-year student at Harding University by way of Atlanta, Georgia, he and I share the same humor and make quite the comedic duo. Then there's Tamara Fawall, the little sister I never wanted. Actually she's great her and I have the same exact birthday so you can imagine what a female version of me is like to deal with. Tamara is also a third-year student at Rutger's University, I finally found my Jersey girl. Without the three of them I would not have enjoyed myself nearly as much and I will keep in contact with all of them as we go forward, Abbie has no choice since I'll sit right next to her in class but the other two I will bother them through other media. This Monday will be our last day together as Rami heads back to Atlanta before heading back to school at Harding University. I swear... I'm not going to cry...

No comments:

Post a Comment