Monday, July 26, 2010

A little help

I have a small dilemma. At the end of the internship each intern is required to make a presentation to the directors, managers, residents and remaining interns. Mine is of course the last one...because you save the best for last. Unfortunately I have no idea which of my dozens of projects I should actually present on that will also engage the crowd. One of my favorite projects happen to be my simplest project in which I know I could bring it to life and have tons of fun with it. On the other hand it borders on un-professionalism, but should I really worry about that?
I have about 15 different projects that I am involved with out of those 15 none of them are actually completed. This is due to no fault of my own here a simple project can span into a year-long headache. I knew this before coming and accepted that things I started would most likely be finished by someone else and maybe within a year I will see the fruits of my labor. The biggest project that I will try to get updates on during the school year is the Creative Alternatives packaging. I found alternative packaging for this program through a product called DisPill. It's actually really innovative and all signs point to them moving forward with the packaging in the coming months. More than just finding it through a google search I had to work with our IT department to ensure that the programing would integrate with our current computer system. Discussing the operational impact of packaging change and the costs per patient associated with the new packaging. I also had the opportunity to work with producers of DisPill to change their software to benefit our target population. I have a problem presenting this as my final presentation as it only has application here at Johns Hopkins. I want to present something that no matter where their career takes them they can think back and remember the presentation. It looks as though I will have to search through my projects and find the one...

No comments:

Post a Comment